The Big Idea Archive

Comments

• I want to do an Installation on my Tado but HOW???
  • When setting manual control of my heating, what I often care about is the time it will end (rather than the duration) and this is only displayed when you lift your finger off the slider, making it a trial-and-error thing to get to the actual end time you want, couldn't that end time just be displayed constantly while sliding?
  • One of the reasons why I chose tado thermostat plus radiator valves was the HomeKit support.
    And i’m really happy with the products.
    After a few months I’ve had my first valve show a low battery status and thought it would be a good idea to have this shown through HomeKit too?
    The idea would be to:
    - Expose a HomeKit battery service for each tado product (to show the % at all times in the Home app)
    - Expose a HomeKit low battery notification if for example the battery level goes below 15%.

Ben
  • Do you have A Honeywell 3 port valve installed if so you should have a bypass fitted between the pump and the AB port of the valve, if this is a fixed wheel valve it needs changing to an automatic bypass valve , this will cure your problem and compliance with regulations
  • Tado wouldn’t agree to that simply because of liability, it will fail one day, and if one’s setup is damaged due to that, they’ll ask Tado for compensation.
    Bypass is the right answer. :-)
  • I'd love the ability to move the Room tiles on the app just like you can apps in iOS. I can then put my favourites at the top instead of scrolling through a whole list.

• Hello there,

given that the open window detection is not accurate (and the work around is to put a low temperature in the room to avoid the heating to start), would it be possible to have an open window manual control? E.g. a switch like Home / Away to inform tado if the window is open even if not automatically detected.

• @samd (or anyone at Tado). I've got two Wired Smart Thermostats as well as a handful of TRVs. Is it possible to set one thermostat to be in non-default any-TRV calls for heat mode but leave the other thermostat in the default mode?

My use case is to control radiators as well as under floor heating. I was hoping to achieve that by using the two thermostats (one for radiators, one for UFH). Each would be responsible for opening up their respective motorised valve.

• Since finding the ‘Heating Activity’ in the Care & Protect tab, I have found this very useful as an overview of the current status of my heating, showing which radiators are ‘on’ and which ones ‘off’ and their heating status.

I think it would be useful to move to be a top level display & overview to show which radiators are active and then drill down to each area / zone as required ( as they are now).

A lower level could then show the stat for each thermostat i.e. how long each one has been on & at what temp.

• I have multiple rooms with multiple TADO devices.

These are sometimes set manually to a certain value, which intervenes with the automatic schedule

I would like to set a time (for instance 23.00) at which all the connected devices default back to the setup "Smart Schedule".

this because now I quite often wake up in the middle of the night because of the kettle burning up to heat for instance my daughters room.

• tadoptw
    tadoptw ✭✭
    edited October 2020

Can we have a Darker Mode theme, it would also make the Target temperature easier to read, as hard to read especially on orange, or at least put a darker boarder on the text so they can be read easier. I have created an example with Black theme, but even dark grey would be nice.

• With smart meters now being rolled out, it would be great if the smart meter data could be used and integrated with Tado data to better understand real input energy usage and boiler performance. Being able to see how heat signals directly link to energy costs etc. I'm sure there must be a lot of potential in this, including better monitoring of boiler performance and identifying potential issues with boilers (no gas consumption despite Tado sending a heating signal, for example).

• I also have a few infrared panels that I want to integrate with Tado, but the website says they can't be integrated. The ideal thing for tado would be to develop a controlled plug, which can be in between, so all electric devices could be controlled

Anyone experience with finding shortcuts through IFTTT or alike?

• Is it possible to introduce the possibility of locking the rotary ring in the thermostat in the application? Child lock. this is important because children change the room temperature manually.
  • Is it possible to introduce the possibility of locking the rotary ring in the thermostat in the application? Child lock. this is important because children change the room temperature manually.
  • Allow the ability to have the hot water run to a schedule without being impacted by home/away whilst still allowing geofencing to control the heating.
  • Sim
    Sim ✭✭

Please allow the option for users to have more control over the 'behind the scenes' settings. For example I don’t want my TRV’s calling for heat from the boiler but to get this changed I have to email Tado and wait a week plus for you to adjust this. If I wish to change this or add any further sensors or TRV’s in the future I will again have to email you and wait an age.

Maybe it’s Covid pandemic or you are understaffed but quite clearly you are unable to cope with the current requests/demands so surely allowing users more control over settings would then ease the pressure on you! 

• Ditsy
    Ditsy ✭✭✭

Tado doesn't appear as an option in the Google Assistant Home and Away routines.

• Ditsy
    Ditsy ✭✭✭
    edited October 2020

Google Assistant integration lacks ability to set heating to Tado's Home or Away modes.

• Could you please show the outdoors humidity in the air comfort section.
  • Please Darkmode to the app....

• Thanks for the link to change the position of thermostats on home screen but it would be more convenient to be able to move them on the normal apo
  • As a app user I would like to select which Zone I am adding new device. This is only required if user has more than one Zone/Smart thermostat. Currently user have to reach to Tado support to create/update new Zone and add any device to that particular zone.

e.g. User installed 2 Thermostat which are 2 Different Zone - user should be able to create Zone.

later user decided to add Smart TRV and link them into existing Zone it should be possible in App or WebApp.

currently its not possible because by default it won't connect to any Zone and you have to reach to customer support to make required change. With Support like Tado which takes from 1 day to weeks to get back its really not helpful for user.

Many new building in UK and some relatively new houses have multiple Zone system, even Tado support says very less % of their customer have this or its small market - I think if there is no solution people won't buy and hence less customers and % market.

if Tado support can do this in seconds with backend config I don't see why its not possible to add as a new feature in App/Web App.

• I second that, its very bad customer support so atleast improve the app and allow user to control more things.

• My take on this is that rooms should be designated as primary or secondary. Only a primary room can demand the boiler to be turned on to allow the room to be heated to the set temperature.
    Secondary rooms would only heat up to the desired temperature whilst primary rooms are heating.
    The exception to this would be the frost protection. Both primary and secondary rooms would turn the boiler on and stop everything from freezing up.
  • The Schedule which is currently selected is situated at the top of the dialogue box on the website, but at the bottom in the App. Please can you relocate to the top in the app version? It would make the information much easier to find.
  • In fact there's no button indicator in the App, so please add that too!
  • Apparently my ac’s dry mode is not supported by the Tado ac controller.
    When the dry mode is turned on it does send a signal to the unit, the unit turns on, but does nothing.
    When I turn on dry mode with the original remote it instantly works and you can see the humidity drop on the tado app.

I understand that there are a lot of variables and different remotes, and it can be scary for an average person to “mod” these functions.
    But all I ask is that for these examples, there will be a mode where when a button doesn’t work, or might need some extra customization you can “teach” the correct signal by pushing the button in front of the Tado AC controller. I know this is already there for the heat and cool modes (insert max and lowest setting then turn on and off.) please add this, for the dry mode is the mode I use the most in my house.

Thank you, and good day. <3
  • It’s possible to do this using If This Then That (IFTTT). Not a proper Tado solution I know but it does work - I use it to return mine to smart schedule at 23:00.
  • Martin_G
    Martin_G
    edited October 2020
    (Accidental duplicate comment pleas ignore!)
This discussion has been closed.