[SOLVED EE ISP Issues] Bridge not connecting / cloud light flashing

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Jurian
    Jurian | Admin
    edited February 2021
    Options

@andynormancx I have sent a link to the EE forum to the guys in EE/BT who know what is going on.

Could you post an exact timeline of when the problem appeared, when it disappeared, and when it appeared again.

You mistyped the dated in one of your posts (you posted that the issues came back on 28/02/2021 but I suspect you mean 28/01/2021)

This should help them to identify if the timeline matches their rollout, revert and re-rollout of their update.

• AdamW
    AdamW ✭✭
    edited February 2021
    Options

Thanks for doing this @Jurian, might get some movement on it (I also have the problem Andy is having). It matches the rollout, rollback and rollout dates exactly (at least for me).

• wbl55
    Options
    Mine matches the rollback for when things started working again & the most recent outage is when EE have re-implemented the update which we all hoped wouldn’t effect things but unfortunately it has. 😞
  • andynormancx
    edited February 2021
    Options

@Jurian you are right that is the wrong date.

It started the first time 26/11/2020 and ended 08/12/2020 (though I only know it was the 8th from info from other people, as at the time I had given up and was using a backup ADSL connection instead, it was definitely fixed by the 12th when I heard EE had fixed it and I started using the 4G connection again).

It started again on 28/01/2021.

I've now managed to capture packets for some representative examples of the TCP session breakage, which I've shared with Mikrotik.

I've not managed to talk to the right people at EE yet, waiting on a call from them (they called yesterday on the SIM in my router, which of course I can't answer).

Thanks so much for helping out.

• Jurian
    Options

@andynormancx Please make sure you keep posting on the EE Forum. I hope that the BT/EE guys will have a look there, it is all about reaching the right people in that massive organisation.

• AdamW
    Options

@Jurian on the off chance you hear from the contacts you have feel free to tell them they can use my line for any testing as they did for the bridge debugging and/or give them my details.

• @Jurian thanks, I've added some new detail to the thread on the EE forum, I hadn't bothered updating it as I didn't think there was much likelihood of anyone at EE at the right level ever seeing it

• I did manage to speak to someone in EE level 2 support today. He was very friendly and looked at various connection stats.

But it sounds like EE won't take it further until MikroTik have looked the issue further.

• wbl55
    Options
    Looks like EE may have either rolled back or updated overnight as bridge now working again.
  • That is definitely looking like a possibility, I can't reproduce the TCP breakage issue at the moment.

• Vilbs
    Options

My TADO is working again!

• wbl55
    Options
    Yes @Vilbs. 🙌
    Let’s 🙏 it stays that way!
  • I can't say I'm confident that they won't just roll it out again later :(

• wbl55
    Options
    Agreed - fingers crossed
  • andynormancx
    edited February 2021
    Options

I've emailed the EE level 2 support person I spoke to yesterday, to see if they can confirm what we suspect and also to see if they expect to roll it out again.

• wbl55
    Options
    Good idea - thanks Andy
  • I suspect the answer will be "sorry, I don't have access to that sort of information".

• I'm pleased to say someone from the BT mobile support team has been in touch me with to do some debugging on this issue next week.

• wbl55
    Options
    Hmmm that’ll probably mean it’ll go off again next week 🙄
  • Jurian
    Jurian | Admin
    edited February 2021
    Options

@wbl55 @andynormancx @Vilbs

From our data it looks like EE has re-rolled back their update on the 5th of February 2021 early morning.

We are unsure what is going on over there, but are going ahead with our contingency plan for people who were on V2 bridges to offer a good service to our V2 customers on the EE network.

You should have been contacted last Friday, if not please contact our support and tell them that you are a V2 customer on EE.