[SOLVED EE ISP Issues] Bridge not connecting / cloud light flashing

Options

Comments

• kRt
    kRt
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Why not? CEOs have their Twitter account for customers to contact them also.

Jurian EDIT:

I am the head of tado technical support, I am in close contact with our development teams and we are giving this issue the highest priority. What good does it then do to contact the tado CEO ?
  • gwt1992
    Options

Im also having the exact same issue, but with Vodaphone gigacube router. Have tried everything Tado mention.

Service provider is Vodaphone

Router Model Huawei B528s-23a

• Raven431
    Options
    So it’s not an EE issue then.
  • Sarge
    Options

Provider - EE (using 4G/5G network, not a fixed broadband line)

Router - Huawei CPE Pro 2

From this thread I believe we have gathered that the issue persists with users on the EE cellular data network and not their fixed line broadband. Not sure if this affects other cellular networks (such as Vodafone, Three etc.) has anyone verified this by switching SIMs in their router? I only have an EE SIM.

• Raven431
    Options
    The post above says it’s happening with vodaphone.
  • gwt1992
    Options

Interesting that both models used by EE / Vodaphone are Huawei. Could it be a problem at their end?

• Jurian
    Options

Hi everyone,

Please be aware that we have many connected bridges. Every day many of them (temporarily) lose the internet connection for various reasons.

That is why the mailing is important to find a pattern. Because there could be either a different underlying issue, not related to tado or EE.

But it could also be that some people who are not on EE have a different unrelated issue which then could skew our vision on the issue.

• kRt
    kRt
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Perhaps because I have no heating system for 1 week already.
  • Stevie_D
    Options

@gwt1992 I have the issue and I do not use Huawei on my EE 4G broadband, my Modem is ZyXEL 4G LTE7460, my router is a Unifi Dream Machin Pro.

• kRt
    Options
    We are running in circles now.
    Great!
  • GoodBranch
    Options

Hang on! In the horizon I see a lesser spotted blue flying one and the problem has been solved by Tado!

NOT!

• dsharp7th
    Options

I've raised a separate support ticket with this question, but thought I'd put it to you fellow ee sufferers.

To deal with the lack of timer functionality when there is no internet, it is worth reinstalling the old analogue rotary timer on my boiler?

In my mind, the current setup with no internet means the wireless thermostat is telling the boiler to fire whenever the temp drops below its target, 24 hours a day, so this timer will override tado's 'heating on' instruction but not its temp control. When the internet bridge is back up and running I can just turn the clock to always on.

Has anyone else still got an analogue timer in case the connected world fails like this?

• Rod
    Options

I have had this same issue since 9AM yesterday morning (01/12). I am on EE 4G using a TPLink 4G router.

• Jurian
    Options

The mailing has been sent, please reply to it if you have received it (even if it is a duplicate from what you have already posted here)

Thank you in advance!

• Rod
    Options

I have not received any email relating to this or had any response to the support incident I submitted yesterday which details the same problem.

• macaaw
    Options

We're also having this problem. We're on an EE 4G router. :-(

• Jurian
    Jurian | Admin
    edited December 2020
    Options

Just a quick update:

Looking at the initial responses, we see that many but not all cases are EE 4G customers.

The only thing every case has in common is that people use 4G for their internet connection but there are some BT and Vodafone cases also.

We can probably conclude that EE has the most popular 4G home internet service offering in the UK, which could explain why so many of you are on a EE plan.

We will keep you updated as things progress.

• AdamW
    Options

@Jurian BT own EE and I believe use the EE 4G infrastructure for their 4G at home offering.

• GoodBranch
    Options

Rod you are most honoured in getting a response! Rare as hen's teeth!! That is coming from a dentist!

• Razzle66
    Options
    • ISP - EE
    • router - TPlink MR600

• Razzle66
    Options

I also have not received any email relating to this or had any response to the support incident I submitted today which details the same problem.

• Steve_B
    Options
    I have an EE sim and the blinking cloud led has been there for a few days. I took the bridge to another house (with fibre) and its fine.

So I guess it’s the EE network that changed or blocked something.
  • Schofs
    Options

Just to add - same issue here on EE 5G - have tried using Google DNS and no luck. Tried both IPv4 & v6. Issue happens in any router that has the EE SIM (4G and 5G)

No issues when using Vodafone SIM in the same 4G router

• Really just to echo what most are saying here...

Jurien emailed today to tell me I'm not alone with this issue, likely 4G related by the sound of it. Living in the middle of nowhere, as much as that's possible in the UK, 4G is the only option I have.

1. internet service provider: EE

2. make and model of your internet router/modem: 4GEE HH70VB

3. internet connection: 4g

I spent most of the weekend trying to resolve this even though I was pretty confident the issue wasn't on my side. Tried a different 4G router (Huawei B3111). This model is much more configurable but still no luck. I also have another internetBridge but that one couldn't connect to the server either.

I'm missing the scheduling most, manually adjusting the valves is a drag, I have 14 but 3 are ganged under a smart thermostat that that's still working. As I have Ground Source heating I never turn it off, only adjust by a few degrees overnight. So I'm not cold at least, but really missing the tech and the smarts (auto-assist) that I'm paying a subscription for. I'm not going to whinge too much as I'm a huge fan of the product.

• Sarge
    Options

@garethpass Indeed, certainly seems like something is amiss with the way the devices are communicating over the cellular network, however we really need tado to say what it is that's causing this.

It's all well and good us users pointing at things like CGNAT, dynamic vs fixed IPs and so forth, but being that it's worked happily for so long (in most cases) for it to simply stop working there has to be something beyond this. Really only tado are going to be able to see what this is as they'll be able to access the data that shows what's occurring when the connection is trying to be established...

We will wait, in some cases with cold toes, and see.

• So we’ve just moved house. No landline worth having but EE 4G is great.

For everything except Tado. Blinking Cloud LED. Swapped the SIM to Three and it goes away. Trouble is Three speed is rubbish compared to EE.

A relief to see that we are not alone in having this problem. I have a temporary workaround using the SIM from my MiFi in my camper van but it’s not ideal...
  • garethpass
    edited December 2020
    Options

The product I support for the US company I work for was impacted by an AWS outage just before thanksgiving last week....right about when my Tado system stopped working. I remember thinking at the time, I wonder if Tado have servers in AWS us-east1....nah, they're a German company, servers will be in Frankfurt.

Afterwards one of my colleagues forwarded this BBC article about smart homes being affected by the outage: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-55087054.

@Jurian I know it wouldn't make sense that only 4G customers were affected but if there any chance this outage had a knock on affect to Tado?

Or maybe something at EE/BT broke because of it.

details: https://aws.amazon.com/message/11201/

• @ToppinHouse that's great information, puts this issue squarely in EE's court.

• Raven431
    Options
    EE have said they did nothing to the system as per the complaint a few pages back they even run diagnostics on the guys account and said nothing updated or changed
  • I only set the system up for the 1st time at the weekend in the new house so it has never worked for me on EE. Initially I thought it was a router issue but having got it to work with either router on Three and neither on EE it’s pretty clear where the issue is. What I don’t know is when it started. We had decent FTTC landline in the old house.