Getting connecting to the server has failed..

I get the error only when I connect from my local network wifi. If I use my smartphone from a remote location everything works fine.

Please help.

Seve

Answers

• Rob2
    Rob2 ✭✭✭

Tado does not support WiFi. You need to connect the bridge to your internet router using a cable.

• The bridge is connected to the router using a cable. As I said everything works fine when I connect to my Tado from outside my lan (i.e. Mobile networks) when I try to connect from inside my network I get the connection error.

• I get the same error repeatedly. Keep hitting retry and eventually it works - can replicate on multiple phones. There's no network issue, it's Tado.

• samd
    samd ✭✭✭

Are you both using the same model phone perchance?

• Phester666
    edited March 2022
    Did anyone get to the bottom of this? I'm having the same issue. I've recently changed phone to redmi note 10 but everything else works, except many apps detect a new phone and require account info but I've done that by using mobile data.
  • Your phone just needs access to the internet, so it can reach the tado backend. Nothing special about that. I don’t see why it would be different from your local network or another network. So it must be some connectivity thing on your local network.

Funny however that your bridge can reach the tado backend through the same router?

• I'm seeing the same problem, the app and web don't work when on my local wifi, if I disable wifi and use 4g it works. Doesn't make much sense really.

• I started to get the same issue a few days ago, the app and the web site both work fine when connected with 4G, but refuse to connect when I'm connected to my local LAN. My Tado devices don't have any problems connecting from the LAN and there's no break in the temperature graphs. I've had to set my phone so that Tado always uses the 4G connection. No other applications have any problems working on a LAN connection
  • Same issue on 2 phones and a tablet. All android but recent different models and versions of android. Everything was great for a year until last week.

My eero router can see the tado Bridge. My Internet is full fibre. I even get notifications on the phones about open windows and away from home. But the app begins to open and sticks there with an empty orange screen. If I reboot the router, the phones can fully open the tado app, but not ten minutes later.

We don't have a mobile phone signal at home to try that.

I just tried turning the hot spot on my phone on, and connecting to it from my tablet. The app on the tablet opened fully immediately! Conversely if I have my tablet connected to the Internet, sharing that connection via Bluetooth with my phone, then my phone can open the tado app.

What on earth is going on?