w.Intercom = i;Home Assistant sync with Tado app delayed — tado° Community

Home Assistant sync with Tado app delayed

I installed the Tado integration into my Home Assistant platform and it works quite well.
One single problem: when I set my Tado thermovalves from HomeAssistant, the Tado app will update immediately, fine. But when I set the same Tado thermovalves from the Tado app, HomeAssistant will update after a few minutes, probably 5 or 6.
I cannot imagine the Tado developers created the behaviour in this way, so someone can help me to solve?
Thanks

Best Answer

Answers

• Thanks @martini for your valuable feedback, this is exactly what I'm searching for, unfortunately, the answer is the worst, because Tado seems don't want to contact API too frequently….

Has someone a more elegant solution than to reload the Integration?

• martini
    martini Volunteer Moderator
    Well... I haven't tried it and somewhere in the tado development office someone is spontaneously implode, but...

As far as I remember from disassembling the tado Android app, the required information to perform a registration to Google Firebase/Google Cloud Messaging (or whatever they call it these days) is present within the app. So grab that and some (for example) python-based library to perform a GCM-registration. Then, use the tado API to send them your registration ID.

Running your "GCM device emulation script", you should then get the push notifications whenever something relevant changes.

As I said: that's just a thought-experiment for now, since all the python-based libraries have a giant trial of untriaged bugs and don't seem ready for everyday use... But here you go: my most stupid idea for tado push notifications...