Share an App

Good morning everyone, I have a question that could interest many of you.
I have two apartments where in one I have a system with Tado valves where I can easily manage via app. In the other I have not installed anything yet. My question is: if I buy Tado valves for the second apartment can I always use the same App or do I have to install it on a new phone?
Thanks to everyone for the answers.

Comments

• Emcee
    Emcee Admin

Hello @Enrico_Ruggiero,

If you already have 2 phones, the easiest solution for the time being would be to have 1 tado° Home per phone. This is so you don't have to log in and out every time you try to access one of your Homes.

There is also the question of email addresses. Your email address can only be tied to one tado° Home, so your 2 accounts should have different login credentials.

___

A more complicated solution could also be cloning the tado° app (Android has apps that can do that) so you can have 2 apps on a single phone. Again, different email addresses would be necessary in this case.

Personally, I have never tested the more complicated solution, I am just spit-balling trying to find a cheaper solution than buying another phone 😉

• royi
    royi ✭✭

@Emcee has this issue with multiple accounts been fixed in Tado X.

• davidlyall
    davidlyall ✭✭✭
    edited July 29

@Emcee

I previously tested Samsung Secure folder on a Galaxy S9 and was able to have my original app installed. I then added a second copy of the Tado app linked to another email. This was as far as I got as I didn't have any new devices to add but from what I've seen, it would work fine. To me, this is far easier than having two phones!

Many people have asked for this functionality. Some of those have been told by Tado that the devices don't support this but that explanation makes no sense. This change appears to only require an additional "Home" level to be added and devices would be linked to a home. Any number of homes could then be under one email. If you have more than one home, the app could show those homes as tiles and then show the rooms when a home tile is opened.

I appreciate that as a % of total users the number with >1 home will be small but this does seem like a relatively simple change to introduce

• Emcee
    Emcee Admin

Hello all,

tado° X and previous generations only support one Home per account for now.

It's actually not that uncommon @davidlyall, especially since landlords are making use of tado° and people also use our products for their vacation homes. Our product planning team is well aware that this is a top issue among users.

• davidlyall
    davidlyall ✭✭✭
    Thanks @Emcee . I think you'll find that many people on here are quite cynical about this as it's been one of the top "needed" features for years but nothing appears to have been done

It would be very useful if Tado would share what features they're working on and when they expect to go live
  • I just bought a third apartment and I think having 3 phones to have 3 different accounts and use the same product seems expensive. With an app update wouldn't it be possible to create multiple apartments in one app? I say this because the valves are excellent and work very well. It would be a big weakness for the company not to solve this big problem. If I were to buy more apartments to rent in the future it would make no sense to think about walking around with a backpack full of phones to keep an eye on the valves.
  • Emcee
    Emcee Admin

Hello again @Enrico_Ruggiero,

This is among the top requests among community members. I cannot say when it will become available, but our product team is aware.

@davidlyall unfortunately this is not possible, I gave an explanation as to why to another user in this thread.

w.Intercom = i;