Is this the way that Tado is supposed to work?

Options

I have wired t'stat in the hall with no trv on hall rad. Rest of rooms have Tado rv on rads all working correctly. I find that as soon as one trv reaches set temp it shuts the boiler down even though other rads are not up to temp. A Tado installation diagram shows all the trv communicating directly with the boiler (not through the room t'stat). How can this be possible and is my system setup correctly?

Comments

• johnnyp78
    Options
    Tado works by room, not by individual trvs or radiators, so when a room reaches the target temperature it will shut off heating to that room. Is that what you mean?
  • Catcher
    Options

Thank johnnyp78. You say Tado works room by room but it can only do that via the trvs. What I find is that when a any room trv reaches its set temp before the others the room t'stat (wired) will shut the boiler down. Can't think tht this is correct.

• johnnyp78
    Options
    Your boiler shouldn’t be shutting down if any room hasn’t reached its target temperature. Is that what’s happening?
  • Catcher
    Options

Thanks GrayDav4276. Yes I have room tiles set up. Totally confused.

• johnnyp78
    Options
    I think you should check that all your trvs are in the correct room on the app. If they’re the standard model you can make them light up to see.
  • wateroakley
    Options

The behaviour you describe is odd, as Johnny and GrayDav say. Something is not right.

• hugbilly
    Options
    Are the TRVs set to be independent?