Is this the way that Tado is supposed to work?

Options

I have wired t'stat in the hall with no trv on hall rad. Rest of rooms have Tado rv on rads all working correctly. I find that as soon as one trv reaches set temp it shuts the boiler down even though other rads are not up to temp. A Tado installation diagram shows all the trv communicating directly with the boiler (not through the room t'stat). How can this be possible and is my system setup correctly?

Comments

• johnnyp78
    Options
    Tado works by room, not by individual trvs or radiators, so when a room reaches the target temperature it will shut off heating to that room. Is that what you mean?
  • Catcher
    Options

Thank johnnyp78. You say Tado works room by room but it can only do that via the trvs. What I find is that when a any room trv reaches its set temp before the others the room t'stat (wired) will shut the boiler down. Can't think tht this is correct.

• johnnyp78
    Options
    Your boiler shouldn’t be shutting down if any room hasn’t reached its target temperature. Is that what’s happening?
  • GrayDav4276
    Options
    Do you have individual room tiles set up in your App homepage.....it sounds like your system is acting as if it is one room....so if any of the TRV's reach temperature then it will shut off the boiler.
  • Catcher
    Options

Thanks GrayDav4276. Yes I have room tiles set up. Totally confused.

• johnnyp78
    Options
    I think you should check that all your trvs are in the correct room on the app. If they’re the standard model you can make them light up to see.
  • wateroakley
    Options

The behaviour you describe is odd, as Johnny and GrayDav say. Something is not right.

• hugbilly
    Options
    Are the TRVs set to be independent?