In App Firmware Update Notification

Options

It would be good if there was something in the App to suggest a firmware update is being performed on a Tado device.

Just spent 30 minutes troubleshooting why all my SRT's were reporting 'No Remote Access' and were not communicating with the Extension Kit.

After rebooting the Extension Kit & Internet Bridge it turned out that the Extension Kit was attempting to do a firmware update but I had no way of knowing that 😤

11 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• rafm5
    rafm5 ✭✭✭
    Options

Ideally, there should be an option to:

• switch auto updates to on / off
    • notify about firmware update (if above is set to off)
    • check for an update (available only! for iOS users via HomeKit settings in the app)
  • Ksobier
    Options

Same here. I don't really care if it updates automatically as it probably should but notification would be nice.

It happened I was not at home but someone was. All TRVs show as disconnected and but in devices only 'Wireless receiver' show disconnected. I was not at home so couldn't do any investigation and advised will tell them how to try reconnect it if it's not connected within 2hrs which it was connected.

I don't know if it was updating or not and I don't know what version it was prior to the issue but email or inapp update notifications would show me that it will or is being updated.

Even simple 'last updated on' or 'updating' message would be helpful.

I also could not find the place where you can check what is the latest version for the hardware or version history.

• GrayDav4276
    Options

Dear all......are you saying that tado° should "inform its customers when/before they carry out updates".......that would require a "massive" change in tado°s working ethos.......I really can't see that happening....after all there's no profit in that.