Lost the case screw at the bottom

I lost the tiny case screw from under the Tado. Anyone know how to get a replacement? Or what size it is?

it’s not essential, but it’s annoying that it disappeared!

Answers

• @RedGreen76 did you ever find the size of the little screw? I've just lost one too.

• Hi there

sadly not.

what I know is I bought a new one for my new house and they don’t have a screw. So I think it’s unnecessary!

• Rob
    Rob | Admin

Is this about the Smart Thermostat?

Early ones (by memory; late 2018 and before) had a screw, newer ones don't. The screw hole of the back plate has been replaced by a little bulge that fits in the screw hole of even the older thermostat, which allows it to click in place.

The older ones don't click in place, but it's not super essential. If however your thermostat is wired and you've lost the screw, do make sure you mount the thermostat properly on the back plate. The thermostat should touch the pins of the backplate to make a decent connection.

• FollyDude
    FollyDude
    edited October 2022

Hi, the screw used on the earlier version of the Smart Thermostat is a M2.5 x 4mm countersunk machine screw with a slotted head. This is a Metric screw 2.5mm in diameter x 4mm long. I would not recommend anything longer than 4mm as there maybe a clearance problem.

These can be found on eBay or equivalent, and I recommend to use a Posi or Phillips head as these are easier to start than a slotted head.