w.Intercom = i;Less confusion about being at home — tado° Community

Less confusion about being at home

The Tado app has a small piece of code in the Geofencing area which pulls the trigger defining that one is at home, by recognising a home network and logging into it. It has a small oversight which confuses it.
In an old thick walled house it is often necessary to fit wireless repeaters or powerline wireless nodes. They would all have the same network id and password, but different mac addresses.
Somehow the app records these as logically distinct networks, not meshed nodes, and it then requires one to actively approve each node in the geofencing app.
Here's a fact. It actually does, without asking this question, log in anyway and it can confirm through any network node it has actually logged in, whether it is able to engage the correct zone controllers, and this know it is at home. Yet it still asks the question!
This isn't a change requiring Ai, this is simple accessible logic folks and the change in logic is not difficult. It does not require a change to the back end data model.

So how long do you need?
Tagged:
1 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• wateroakley
    wateroakley Volunteer Moderator

@policywonk That's an interesting thought. We use Geo-fencing a lot. Originally manually and nowadays it's automatic. Looking into the way it works …

Tado routinely reported my iPhone is circa 400 metre from home. We dont seem to be reliant on Tado picking up the wifi at home? That suggests the iPhone 'Location Based Services' setting, i.e. GPS or possibly triangulation and power from mobile towers?

• policywonk
    policywonk ✭✭✭
    edited October 20
    Perhaps or are you close to an MoD base? They create a fuzzy match on gps when you are nearby. But if your mobile has a good signal it would use the tower's locating marker when GPS wanders by more than 300m.

When I was in Kent my home was close to a Royal Irish big centre. Tado could not find the house. So they have me 50 miles home radius as a fix. That got killed when they updated the app, but i then knew they could adjust stuff remotely.
  • wateroakley
    wateroakley Volunteer Moderator

@policywonk Hmm. We live in a garrison town. Been nobbled over the years with strange carrier waves, they prevent terrorist events. GPS on the iPhone seems to be reliable. Triangulation of mobile radio is also reliable albeit wide area.