w.Intercom = i;Tado TRVs Heating Control — tado° Community

Tado TRVs Heating Control

I have installed the V3+ along with some smart TRVs. Can anyone tell me how these interact with the heating system?

I assumed the TRVs would be just set up to allow the room to heat to the desired temperature as and when the heating comes on. Or is it that the TRVs will bring the heating on if that specific room falls below the set temperature?

Tagged:

Comments

• Hello @bob_e70

In most cases, tado° replaces the central thermostat, to control the boiler. Smart Radiator Thermostats are used to allow for heating control in individual rooms.

You can read more about it here.

• wateroakley
    wateroakley Volunteer Moderator

@bob_e70 Hello Bob. To expand on @Emcee 's description, the Tado system is much smarter than typical heating controls with a time controller, room stat and dumb TRVs. Depending on your home and heating system setup, for most users Tado should be configured like your second description. Although Tado can be also configured like the first description, or a mixture of both.

1. For most homes, individual Rooms (zones) with TRVs/Thermostats will call for heat from the 'Zone Controller' (a wired thermostat or wireless receiver) that is usually wired to the zone valves for your boiler. Each room will 'call for heat' to follow the individual schedule for time/temperature.
    2. There are some limitations that larger homes may encounter. The maximum number of zones is x10 and numbers of devices is x25. In that case the Room and TRV may be set as 'Independent', which acts like a schedule for time/temprerature in the room but will not 'call for heat'.

E.g. our heating system has 16 rads and a HW tank, managed through the App for x13 TRVs, x3 wireless sensors, x1 wireless receiver, and x1 dumb TRV. We're maxed on x10 'Zones' (rooms) that can call for heat, so have three rooms set as 'Independent'.

HTH.