w.Intercom = i;Is there a way to use Tado X radiator thermostate without attaching to a radiator? — tado° Community

Is there a way to use Tado X radiator thermostate without attaching to a radiator?

Hi there.
I know it is a strange question, but my problem is; my radiator valves are not thermostate valves and I have to wait for several months until they are replaced.
Until then, my plan is; to place in the room the radiator thermostate 'loose' (without attached to radiators) and use for temperature measurement. Then I could see the temperature of the room and regulate the heater via the app (thus my non-thermo valve open all the way, I am trying to regulate the heater driven by the room temperature alone and not by regulating the flow of hot water). I know this is not ideal but, my situation requires this...
I appreciate if you could kindly help me with:
1- Is there a way to connect the Tado X Radiator Thermostate to X Bridge (or to introduce to the Tado App) via "Add Device" without actually attaching it to a radiator?
When I tried, it realizes that it is not on a radiator and fails.Thus"add device" process cannot complete.
Is there a way around it?
Thanks in advance for your any help!
Best Regards
Tagged:

Best Answers

• Rob
    Rob Admin
    Answer ✓

Your way to measure temperature and regulate heating is… interesting.

I'll get to your question. I think the easiest way for you to solve this issue is to simply go to a random DIY shop and buy a thermostat valve, preferably one with M30 thread. Should not be expensive. The tado radiator thermostats can calibrate on that. I presume you can remove them after calibration, but to be fair I have little hands-on experience with tado X for these kinds of hacky solutions.

• tadotest
    tadotest
    Answer ✓
    Hi
    Thanks Rob for your reply.
    I am not able to raplace the valves for now. Until I can replace the valves, I am looking for a way to "add device" the radiator thermostates to the Tado app...
    Best Regards
  • Wjcb
    Wjcb ✭✭
    Answer ✓

What Rob is suggesting is to buy a valve and to not install it an a radiator. You can use it to add your tado radiator thermostats to the tado app. After a radiator thermostat is calibrated and added to the app you can remove it from the valve and add the next radiator thermostat.

Answers

• Now the coin drops! Indeed!
    I understand it is not possible to add device the thermostate without first attaching a valve first..
    And this is a good workaround. I shall try it.
    Thank you Rob and thank you Wjcb!
    Best regards.