w.Intercom = i;Tado X devices randomly dropping off the network — tado° Community

Tado X devices randomly dropping off the network

I replaced my legacy Tado system with Tado X and I realised, that my devices randomly drop off Thread network. Never had that issue previously. Same location of bridge and end devices. They just drop off randomly but usually at least a couple of devices are offline. They are not even the furthest away devices from the bridge. Any suggestions why this may be happening?
Tagged:

Comments

• Manuel
    Manuel Admin
    edited September 30

@K_T do you know if you have other devices that could act as a Thread Border Router apart from the Bridge X? Unfortunately many devices like some Echo smart speakers support Thread but work a bit on their own and either set up their own separate thread network or join the one from tado° but don't support the communication with the tado° servers making the devices look offline because they don't support the NAT64 protocol. Eventually all this will resolve when all big platforms upgrade to Thread 1.4 but right now troubleshooting Thread problems can be problematic.

• K_T
    K_T ✭✭
    edited September 30
    In the same Thread network I have SmartThings hub. Echos do not allow joining the existing networks.
  • Same issue here

I have a couple of google nest hubs in the house.

Tado X radiator thermostats keep going offline.

Looks like this is going to be a major issue with heating season starting…

• Had a similar issue. After restarting the router everything worked fine again for a couple of days.
    My solution: Electric timer, shutting the router off for one minute during the nighttime. Working fine for me, no issues so far…
    Not the perfect solution, but a solution at all….
  • K_T
    K_T ✭✭
    I tried rebooting the router but this didn't fix the issue. My router reboots once a week automatically and if anything - the issue gets worse.