w.Intercom = i;Need online support from a Tado expert for my installation — tado° Community

Need online support from a Tado expert for my installation

I have moved into a house from 2001 with underfloor heating and old thermostats. They were controlling the actuators of each zone of the underfloor heating.
These thermostats have been replaced by tado wired v3+
But they do not seem to work/ no movement of the actuators.

I am looking for a tado savvy / expert I can pay for a remote coaching / guidance

Thanks in advance
Tagged:

Best Answer

• DenisCH
    DenisCH
    Answer ✓
    Update:
    I have bought a new danfoss valve, and it works 👍.
    So it just seems the old BEHR valves did not work with Tado thermostat.

One more question : I only had a few circuits connected with valves. How can I add valves that would be wirelessly connected to tado smart thermostat?

I see wireless heads but these are made for radiators not underfloor heating.

Thank you

Answers

• Questions:
    1. Are all your wired thermostats wired directly to the UFH wiring centre such that they can directly control their relevant actuator and not via anything else?
    2. Are you sure that when a specific UFH loop's thermostat calls for heat, that the Tado thermostat is wired to ensure that it powers the relevant actuator?
  • Rob
    Rob Admin

The typical way to guide you is to follow the installation steps in the app. You enter make and model of the old thermostat you want to replace, and we tell you how to wire our thermostat using the wires from the old thermostat.

Looking in the account, the configuration looks correct. If there were only 2 wires from the old thermostat, wire them to NO and COM in your tado thermostats. If there were more wires and the installation steps in the app did not help you, please contact support via chat.

• Thanks for your answer.

Let me give you more info and context.

The installation in the house I bought (2001 construction) is :

• a "Buderus" gaz heater ("chaudière") model Logamax plus GB112-24/29/43/60
    • thermostat next to it : "iRT30"
    • underfloor pipes, most of the pipes are without electrothermic valve drives.
    • a few valves drive heads ("BEHR" caloflex) directly wired to "Profitec" analog thermostats (so no UFH hub/controller, only wiring)

After buying the house we have had paint work done, during which the previous thermostats were removed.

I have bought the tado wired v3+ to install where there was those "profitec" old thermostat before. I have followed the instructions for installation (mentioning the buderus heater and profitec). The wiring is red on NC and black on COM.

The iRT30 is on manual now (as per recommendation in the instructions).

But I can see that whatever instruction I give to each tado (heat, e.g. 21º celsius) or turn off, the valves drive do not move at all. There is no change. I have removed the valve to see if they were moving, they are not.

Attached pictures of the installation/material.

The heating works well, but I cannot control the electrothermic valves with the tados connected to them

What is the reason my system does not work?

Do I need a UFH hub/controller?

Or a Tado wireless receiver ?

Or are the electronic valves (behr) too old and not compatible with Tado system?

Thanks in advance for your support