w.Intercom = i;How to Confirm Tado Settings on Remeha Avanta Ace — tado° Community

How to Confirm Tado Settings on Remeha Avanta Ace

Hello,

I have searched for the answer to my question but was unable to find it on the web or the forum. Apologies if it's already been answered and I couldn't find it.

I have an Avanta Ace 28C connected to Tado v3+ Wireless system. This is an OpenTherm connection.

How can I confirm/verify the settings that Tado is sending to the boiler?

I have attempted to use the control panel on the boiler (and the boiler's instruction manual) to verify settings are being changed but the settings reported on the basic readout and the advanced menu never change.

I should note the basic icons (flame on/off, room heating demand on/off, hot water demand on/off) all work, and the system appears to work as designed most of the time.

Due to the information obscuring in the Tado app, I can clearly see that Tado is calling for heat and the radiator is hot. However, any more granular information is obscured (though collected and stored, because Tado support can access this information…).

For example, if I change the hot water pre-heat temperature, how can I verify the boiler has actually received and accepted the OpenTherm command from Tado? The pre-heat temperature setting inside the advanced menu on the boiler control panel doesn't change.

Same with calling for radiator heat…is there a way to verify the target temperature the boiler is currently heating to (that Tado has called for)?

I'm interested in smart home stuff, so I'm willing to install an OTGateway to monitor the OpenTherm commands (and inject validation commands if needed), or build a cable and tap into the diagnostics port of the boiler.

But I'm hoping I just missed something simple and there's a way to validate the currently active settings from the control panel of the boiler.

This also would be helpful in troubleshooting an occasional issue I have where the boiler stays on even though Tado app says there's no call for heat (and therefore the boiler should be off).

Thanks

Tagged: