w.Intercom = i;Danfoss RA-N compatibility — tado° Community

Danfoss RA-N compatibility

I came across Tado via a Consumentenbond test (though it was for the older product) and now I am trying to install Tado X.
It was unfortunate that I only discovered now that the radiator knobs only support so-called "thermostatic" knobs. I was wondering all along how do these knobs generate the torque required to turn my hard radiator knobs...
Anyways, my current valves are NOT thermostatic. Thus just what tado documentation calls "tap" type. Therefore I need to get them replaced by "pin" type thermostatic taps.
I would like to use valves from reasonably good brands I know, like Danfoss, ECA etc, so that my flat is not flooded while trying to save a few euros...
Tado documentation recommends M30 1,5mm for tne knob standard. But Danfoss does not use M30 1,5 standard for valves.
If I install an RA-N Danfoss valve,
will I still be able to attach to it a Tado knob? Tado documentation mentions RA but does it also include "RA-N" ?
Even if I manage to install Danfoss RA-N valve using one of the adapters in tado box, will I still loose any functionality compared to attaching it to a native M30 1,5mm valve?
Thanks in advance for your help!
Best Regards
p.s. I have also placed these questions on tado support yesterday. If I get a reply, I shall place it here

Best Answer

• tadotest
    tadotest
    Answer ✓
    Hi,
    Looks like I've got my support reply while busy typing my previous comment here!
    "Yes, RA-N valves are thermostatic valves, you'll need to use one of the Adapters that came shipped with the package, most likely the RA Adapter:
    "
    Thanks again & Best Regards

Answers

• Hello @tadotest

Since you mentioned already forwarding your question to support, I think the best bet would be to wait and see what they answer.

Until then, you might find this document informative. There are a few Danfoss thermostatic valves listed.

• tadotest
    tadotest
    edited September 24
    Hi
    Thank you for your prompt and kind reply.
    Actually this fine document had made me discover that there is something called thermostatic valve, Tado requires it and mine is not.. Unfortunately Danfoss RA-N is not mentioned there. Therefore I raised a question to support.
    I shall wait for the Tado support reply.
    Best Regards