My heating won’t come on.

I’ve just moved into a new house which has Tado V3+ Wireless Smart Thermostat installed. The display on the wall thermostat seems to be working fine, I’ve started using the app and that seems to be working/syncing to the wall thermostat. However when I dial up the temperature to turn the heating on, the boiler isn’t coming on at all.

Hot water has been working fine since moving in, and yesterday the heating did come on for about 5 minutes but then can’t get it to kick in again.

Any ideas?
Tagged:

Answers

• davidlyall
    davidlyall ✭✭✭
    Hi @Micky082

Appreciate you've just moved into the house but are you able to describe the system in more detail and also the tado components that are installed

Do you have a hot water tank?
    If you do, are you able to identify if you have one 3-port valve (Y plan) or two 2-port valves (S plan)

If you're in a S or Y plan, my gut feeling would be that a valve is not working correctly and this is preventing the boiler from firing for heating
  • wateroakley
    wateroakley Volunteer Moderator

@Micky082 assuming you have the wireless receiver? This is connected to the wiring to the zone valve(s). Does the CH light come ON when you tell Tado to turn on the CH? If yes, the top suspect would be a faulty zone valve.

• @davidlyall no we don’t have a hot water tank
  • @wateroakley actually no, the CH light is not coming on. You mean on the wireless receiver?
  • davidlyall
    davidlyall ✭✭✭
    edited June 20
    Check the settings in the app for the smart thermostat. Make sure it has the wireless receiver set up as its zone controller

If it's already set then you may have a faulty receiver.

As you've just moved in, you should have a claim against the previous owners to get the system working again
w.Intercom = i;