w.Intercom = i;Thermostat display flicker — tado° Community

Thermostat display flicker

Cyrax
Cyrax
Hey, I have a V3 starter kit. All working as intended, but one thing I've noticed is the dot matrix display on the thermostat has a little flicker when it's active. So when the button is pressed to wake the display, it will display the current temperature, but for the short period the screen is on, there is subtle but noticeable flicker in the characters. I don't know if this is normal, or something faulty on the device?

Thoughts?
Tagged:

Answers

• wateroakley
    wateroakley Volunteer Moderator

@Cyrax We have not noticed any 'flicker' on the display of three wireless thermostats.

• Emcee
    Emcee Admin

Hello @Cyrax

There should not be a flicker. Sometimes tado° displays flicker when devices' batteries are running low. Please try to change the batteries as a first step.

Additionally, I see that you transferred your devices from one tado° Home to another on May 20th. Are these new devices or used by a previous owner? If these are new devices (and replacing the batteries does not stop the flickering), you may be eligible for a replacement under tado°'s 2 year warranty. For more information about the warranty and to receive additional help with the flickering issue, you can contact tado° support.

• Thanks for reply both. I'll try and changing the batteries.