Tado bridge losing connectivity

Options
Hi. Hi.
We changed our broadband service provider (and therefore router) within the last 6 months. Previous to this we had no issues with our tado bridge losing cloud connectivity. On two occasions since the change all of our smart radiator valves have lost connectivity on the app. When I checked the tado bridge which is connected to our router the cloud LED was blinking. I followed the link on the app for resolving the issue and it brought me to this page:

https://support.tado.com/en/articles/3455907-the-cloud-led-on-the-internet-bridge-is-blinking-what-does-it-mean

The LED continued to blink for more than 10 mins. As stated in the instructions I disconnected the bridge from the power supply for 10 seconds and reconnected it. Strangely, this caused some of the wifi devices on my home network to lose their internet connectivity so I'm suspecting something happened on the router after I disconnected the tado bridge. I solved the problem by power-cycling the router. The bridge reconnected with the cloud and the readings from all of the smart radiator valves became available again. I have had some of my smart radiator devices for a few years now and I don't think this issue has happened before so I'm suspecting the root cause lies with the router but I don't understand why the problem occurs in the first place. The bridge internet cable is connected directly into one of the ethernet ports of the router and the bridge power supply is connected to the usb port of the router.

I also noticed today that the router LED is now flashing today and I have again lost connectivity with all valves.

Any suggestions as to the root cause would be appreciated.

The router model is a "Sagemcom CS 50001"

Comments

• mindstorm
    Options

Maybe try powering the bridge independently for a while.

• davidlyall
    davidlyall ✭✭✭
    Options

Some folk have had issues with different routers from ISPs

1. Some routers don't support the 10Mbps half-duplex connection that Tado uses. This is a standard Ethernet connection type but quite old so suspect that some cheaper routers have ommitted support for this
    2. Issues with WiFi connection speeds when the bridge is connected. Again, this could be down to cost cutting by some router manufacturers
    3. Some routers appear cut power to the USB if they don't detect data activity on the port. Simple solution is to power the bridge from a dedicated power plug

Probably worth adding your experience to the thread below