Advice before buying

Options

Hello, I have a dual zone system but (due to issues with the central controller) it was merged into one zone with regard to timings.

This is the controller, it used to have HTG1, HTG2 and Water - HTG2 was amalgamated with HTG1 at some point in the past and the cable that went upstairs was disconnected at both ends.

Upstairs I have two Drayton receivers

Which switch the heating on/off for the two zones.

These all wire into this nightmare, which I really don't want to touch.

So, I want is to leave that alone, I don't mind the HW control remaining with the current controller.

Am I correct in that if I just replace the two Drayton Digisat SCR boxes with Tado Wireless Receivers and leave the HTG1 on constant I will then have two zones controlled by Tado?

2nd question is regarding using the Smart TVRs and having two zones, are the TVRs linked to the corresponding controller?

I also assume all of this kit would connect to an Internet Bridge?

Thanks in advance!

Answers

• gkos
    Options

For anyone who looks at this in the future, my assumption was correct, I just replaced the Digisat SCR with Tado Wireless receivers and sensors, then installed the smart TVRsto control the rooms.

The old controller is still in place and controls hot water with the heating set to on all day.

• gkos
    Options

p.s. I actually set up two bridges on separate tado accounts as I wanted the systems to be totally separate. I am not sure if you can link a TVR to a specific controller.

• gkos
    Options

turns out you can link to a controller, but a max of ten devices