Settings for different users in app

Options

Hello

I have searched but haven't been able to find any suitable topics, so apologies if this is covered already somewhere. I am installing smart controls for my heating system and Tado is one of the products I am considering.

Does the app allow different users to control different radiator valves. Specifically, my son occupies the basement floor of the house as his own domain. I would like for him to be able to control the settings, temperatures and timings for his part of the house but not mine. Is that possible?

Thanking you in advance

Lars

Answers

• GrayDav4276
    Options
    Anyone who has the App on their phone can make changes to the schedules and temperatures of any device/room.....however it's not possible to restrict the access to specific rooms......so keep an eye on your schedules.
  • LarsPorsena
    Options

Thanks for this. Would a work around be to control basement room (open plan with 2 rads) from a thermostat and not give him the app? Just give a boost from the thermostat when needed?

• GrayDav4276
    Options

That would work......but you would need to constantly check the App to see what that thermostat has been set to.

• Wau
    Wau
    edited March 13
    Options

Why not create an app where you can set only the tempature. It's not handy that every app user can make changes to all settings. We could defently use it. For oure building.

• GrayDav4276
    GrayDav4276 ✭✭✭
    Options
    @Wau So you are proposing a "non-smart" smart system......
  • davidlyall
    davidlyall ✭✭✭
    Options

This is definitely a feature that Tado should implement in addition to geofencing per user. It's already been raised on the other forum but not sure if Tado even check that

• GrayDav4276
    GrayDav4276 ✭✭✭
    Options
    @davidlyall
    What "other forum"......am I missing something here ??🤔
  • GrayDav4276
    GrayDav4276 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Aha......1 Forum with 2 Sections....now it's clear.