Ability to use AC thermostat as a sensor to radiator valves

Options

I have an AC thermostat and a radiator with tadoº valve in the same room. Cant' understand why can't we use the AC thermostat as a sensor for the heating radiator. Should not have to buy an extra sensor for the room temperature. The AC thermostat already does that.

1 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• d4ewe
    Options

the radiator valve can be set as the measuring device for the heating so no need for additional thermostats.

i can see why they keep them separate though, as most AC units can provide heat and cooling so "could" cause a conflict if only 1 sensor was used.

• Peteronfire
    Options

Yes, the radiator valve is set for measuring. But being so close to the heat source, the readings not always mirror the real temperature in the room. That's why many people opt to buy an additional sensor, but for 100€ it feels so overpriced.

The heat/cooling conflict of the AC makes more sense to me as why they would keep it separate. But still, could work with that. Or the Tadoº system could be aware I'm trying to cool the room (with the AC) and not turn the radiators heating. That's the whole point of having a brand ecosystem.