Have been using Tado for many years, now my heater is no longer compatible?

Options

I have been using a Tado room thermostat with four extra valves for years. The bridge started to regularly loose connection with the thermostat and valves. So I purchased a new bridge and went through the bridge replacement procedure. The thermostat and valves connected to the new bridge without issue, but the procedure does not finish. The heating system (Buderus G115 + Logamatic R2107 S0) is no longer compatible. It sure was when I purchased and originally installed the system.

What is up? How do I proceed?

Answers

• hugbilly
    hugbilly ✭✭✭
    Options
    I would email tado support:
    operator@tado-844a35e31252.intercom-mail.com
  • VdR
    Options

I will try that. Thank you.

• VdR
    Options

I had a completely useless answer back from the chat. Not sure they read the question even.

• hugbilly
    hugbilly ✭✭✭
    Options

Was the useless answer from the support email address or a "live chat." I ask because I've had good support via email contact.

• VdR
    Options

Live chat, but not live. Got an answer from a person, stating that my system is not compatible, but ignoring that it has been running for a long time and was compatible when I bought it.

• Andrej_Ana
    Options

I received my Tado thermostat yesterday and I'm having problems with the configuration with a Buderus Logano G115+Logamatic 2107M.

I checked before purchasing and my system was on the supported list an still is there on my app tado pro.

did you solve the problem?

Thank you.

• VdR
    Options

When I bought my TADO room thermostat and bridge in 2019 it was compatible with the Buderus G115 + Logamatic 2107. The TADO thermostat replaced the Buderus BFU thermostat. At some point I was sent a new bridge and then it was still compatible.

Not much later a software update removed the functionality and schedule for the hot water preparation. The heater control still worked. The reaction of Tado at the time was "you can send everything back if you don't like it anymore". Very helpful.

I now had to replace a failing bridge. The setup of the new bridge does not finish, pointing at the Buderus G115 with Logamatic, or the BFU not being compatible. I have not solved that. The reaction of Tado yesterday was "you can send the new bridge back if you don't like it". Very helpful.

The thing however is that the new bridge seems to work just as much as the old did. The thermostat and the valves connected, I have control through the app, the heater stops at night.

I do not know what functionality between the room thermostat and the Buderus still works.