Hi all, a question regrding the wireless temperature sensor.

Options

I have had the starter kit installed for almost a year now. However, I happened to attempt to show my wife how to increase the temperature for the heating to come on but when you press the arrows, it does not allow you to increase the temperature. in other words it does not move. any ideas please.

I have tried resetting the sensor, i have change the batteries and aslo contacted tado technical support. theTfunny thing is, is that the tado app on my phone works perfectly and when you turn the temperature up on the phon app you can see the numbers go up on the sensor itself. It just will not allow you to turn the temperature up manually on the sensor itself.

Cheers for any help

Answers

• hugbilly
    hugbilly ✭✭✭
    Options

Strange, I wondered whether the Wireless Temperature Sensor might have a child lock like the TRVs but it doesn't appear to. I would email tadoº . . .

• Hi hugbilly,
    I really appreciate you getting back to me. I have been emailing tado. They can not do anything their end. They suggested I needed a new Sensor.
    It is rather strange that it works on the phone fine, but not manually.
    I see srewfix have an offer on for the whole starter kit which is what I've got for £85.99. I assuming you can just change the sensor only?
    Thank you again
    Kind regards
  • hugbilly
    hugbilly ✭✭✭
    edited January 22
    Options

If it's less than a year old (as suggested by your original post) then it should still be under guarantee. NB, yes you can buy the sensor on its own although possibly not at a much better price than Screwfix's kit.

• Hi hugbilky,
    Yes, good question, they could replace it if I could fine my receipt, but I cannot fine anything. Its a real pain.

Thank you, I appreciate your response.
    Take care