Tado Thermostat

Options
Got a Tado V3 installation kit fitted it was the wireless thermostat I got and that was fine. But I bought 3 SRT's the wireless thermostat I put in my living room and when I fitted one of the SRT's to my living room radiator the wireless thermostat does not respond in the app or voice through Alexa which it did before. Does fitting SRT's cause the wireless thermostat to not respond through the app or Alexa ? Everything's connected in the app and when you go to check the wireless thermostat and click blink the HI message comes up but that's it is this normal for it not to respond since the SRT's got fitted.

Comments

• cuke2u
    cuke2u ✭✭
    edited January 3
    Options

So from what you are saying you have a wireless thermostat and a SRV in the same room?

You'll need to make whatever device you wish to control the room temperature the measuring device in that room.

https://community.tado.com/en-gb/discussion/11436/re-changing-measuring-device-for-room

• 1plus2
    1plus2
    edited January 4
    Options
    In the app i have them assigned in 4 different locations but in the house i have the wireless thermostat and 1 SRT in the same room the living room so like this in the app

TADO = Wireless Thermostat

LIVING ROOM = SRT

BEDROOM = SRT

TOILET = SRT

in the link you put up 2 were assigned to the same room in the app mines are not.

When i go to the Wireless thermostat in the app and try and adjust the temperatures nothing happens i was wondering if it is because the SRT is physically in the same room as the wireless thermostat that it does not show the temperatures on the wireless thermostat now, like the SRT overrides the thermostat now for independently setting the temperature for each room they are fitted in.
  • hugbilly
    hugbilly ✭✭✭
    Options

You need to make the wireless thermostat the measuring device for the "room" it's in . . .

• cuke2u
    cuke2u ✭✭
    Options

I quote: "the wireless thermostat I put in my living room and when I fitted one of the SRT's to my living room radiator". Thus if you have both a SRV and wireless temperature device in one room you need to assign one of the as the measuring device for that room. Preferably the wireless temp sensor as my link indicates.

• 1plus2
    Options
    I think I could have made a mistake in explaining what i have.when I do what you say the wireless temp sensor still does not show any movement when i adjust the temp settings on the app. But on the link you posted i noticed the picture said Smart thermostat is that actually a wired thermostat fitted in the front room along with a SRT ? If it is then i have mislead you on the question and i apologise. I had a Honeywell wired thermostat in my hallway and a Drayton programmer fitted below it and the guy that fitted the tado decommissioned the Honeywell thermostat and replaced the Drayton programmer with the tado Wireless receiver. At this point i had not purchased any SRT'S and the Tado Wireless temp sensor i kept in the living room so i could see when i changed any temperatures via the app as the thermostatic valves in each room were still dumb and were turned on when i used the Tado Wireless Temp Sensor in the app.

I kept referring to the sensor in my living room as the wireless thermostat not realising i was actually meaning the temp sensor was in the living room not any wired thermostats as I said the guy decommissioned my honeywell wired thermostat and just wired the wireless receiver in place of the Drayton Programmer. So again if I have been an idiot giving you incorrect info then sorry my bad.

Ps it's a combi boiler I have and i think i might have made a mistake buying the V3 wireless kit instead of the wired version, then having a temp sensor sitting in the living room.
  • hugbilly
    hugbilly ✭✭✭
    Options

The wireless receiver needs to be set as the zone controller for the TRVs and the wireless temperature sensor.

As above the living room wireless temperature sensor needs to be put in the same virtual room as the living room TRV.

If it's of any help I've attached screen grabs for the room "Kitchen" in my system. I've substituted the device IDs with the names of the device types:

• 1plus2
    Options
    Sorry have u named the wireless sensor as wireless receiver in measuring device ?
  • hugbilly
    hugbilly ✭✭✭
    Options

Ah yes, sorry, typo, it should be the wireless temperature sensor!

• 1plus2
    Options
    Nae sweat m8 that's it done now i had been putting the SRT in the Sensor virtual room instead of the other way round as you said.
  • 1plus2
    Options
    I would like to thank everyone that helped me thx