My Tado system keeps showing as Offline

Options
Our Tado App keeps showing as offline and saying it is the wireless receiver that is the problem. This will happen after working successfully for weeks and without our having changed anything. Sometimes it will just come back on but today it is staying offline. We have taken the power off and on again. Has anyone else had this problem and managed to overcome it? Many thanks.

Comments

• andybuk
    Options

I had the same, every year worked all year (mainly hot water) with no issues, got to winter and its either offline or not working, Tado "customer service" pushed an update on the config to mine and broke the whole system and then asked me to pay for a replacement.

• hugbilly
    hugbilly ✭✭✭
    Options

I, and many others, have had this problem with the wireless RX.

Tado will suggest you improve the signal path between the RX and the bridge and possibly ask for photographs showing their locations. In my own case I got fed up with the difficulty and re-cabled the RX so that it was no more than three metres distant from the bridge with nothing more than woodwork in-between the two.

This has improved matters considerably and I now only see error lights on the RX very occasionally.

Sadly this is a reflection of the tado system's poor RF performance. A repeater / range extender is desperately needed but, unlike other systems such as Wiser, it appears tado has no intention of developing such a unit . . .

• Ty1965
    Options
    Andybuk and hugbilly, thank you for your comments. We will look to re-locate the RX and see how we get on. It’s extremely hard to get hold of Tado customer support as you know!