Thermostat not triggering boiler when TRVs call for heat

Options

Hi everyone,

I'm going mad a bit over this issue. I have a fairly simply setup and can't understand why this isn't working properly. Here it goes:

2 rooms: 1 living room and 1 bedroom.

Living room: Wired thermostat + 1 valve radiator.

Bedroom: 1 valve radiator.

To clarify: all three are tado products.

Problem: TRV in the bedroom calls for heat, I can see in the app the three lines indicating that it is open. However, the thermostat doesn't trigger the boiler.

However, if the other TRV (in the same room as the Thermostat) calls for heat, it DOES trigger the boiler.

Other configs:

1 heating zone

Wired thermostat is the zone controller of both rooms.

In the bedroom, the measurement device is the TRV.

In the living room I have tried with both (thermostat and TRV) as measurement device and it works perfectly with both.

As a test, I moved the TRV in the living room to a "test" room. And it doesn't trigger the boiler so it comes down to: only the wired thermostat or a device in the same room can trigger the boiler. Devices in other rooms do not trigger the boiler.

Any ideas/hints?

Happy holidays to everyone!

Comments

• hugbilly
    Options
    Is the TRV assigned to a zone controller or is it set to be independent ? If the latter it cannot call for heat, it will just open and close according to the schedule and the required temperature . . .
  • Yeah, sounds like the issue I had … as the post above says, you have to set the zone controller for the TRV to call for heat.

In settings -> Rooms & Devices -> click the room and then at the bottom set the controller.

Give it a few mins to sync and try again