Gloworm ENergy 35C

Options

I've found a couple of other threads that nearly get me to the solution alas not quite.

I have the above boiler, its a brand new install. Im trying to add the Tado V3 wireless kit.

Situation at the moment is:

1/ Internet bridge seems to work fine

2/ Thermostat connects to the app; when i increase/decrease temperature it shows on the thermostat so clearly there is comms between the app and thermostat.

3/ The wireless receiver into the boiler is the issue - the relay for the heating seems to click on when I ask it for heat. However, the signal clearly isnt being recieved by the boiler as nothing is happening.

ive written to the support team who tell me i need to remove the CLimapro RF receiver. However, i don't think my boiler has that and so unable to remove it.

I have the following power connections in the attached photos

Following advice from previous posts Ive taken L and N to supply the receiver from the mains terminal block on the left hand side of the board. There is also a connection block on the right hand side, I saw somewhere someone said remove the link on the 24V RT so I did that. No improvement.

Before I give up, is there a solution here to get this device working?

Comments

• johnnyp78
    Options
    That wago connector you’ve used will be bridging the wires, something that tado doesn’t mention. Take the wires out of it and tape them off instead, see if that makes a difference.
  • Hi Johnny, the wagon is for the live and neutral, I didn’t want to cram 2 cables into that terminal block.. There is black cable in there from the 4 core supplied by tado which, is taped off.
  • johnnyp78
    johnnyp78 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options
    So if I understand you correctly you’re bridging live and neutral then? You could try taping them off instead or using two separate wago connectors, unless the intention is to bridge them, but I’m not sure what that would achieve.
  • Im a little confused here but let me explain...

The boiler is powered by a 3 core cable coming from a dedicated switch fuse spur.

I need to power the wireless receiver, which has to be close to the boiler, so i've connected into the same terminal block, as that appears to be my only choice in terms of a power supply.

So, the 3 core from the switch spur goes into a 3 way wago, which is also connected to the boiler & to the wireless receiver.

Tado emailed me directly when I told them my boiler make/model and told me to wire the stat up like this. Frustrating as they dont respond to emails now I've said its not working

Any ideas on anything else I can try?