Error with configuring, but system still working

Options

Hi all, I've just replaced another smart stat with the Tado system. I wired it correctly against the diagrams (L,N, link to Com and switched live to heating) but when I change the configuration from S/Y to a combi I run into a problem.

I hold down 2 test buttons, and cycle through the coloured LEDs to yellow. It blinks for ~20 seconds very fast, and then defaults back to green. The LEDs then move back to white and I get full control over the system via the app and controller. The heating responds, hot water works with heating on and off. So no massive problem, but it's not 100% correct and it's bugging me why.

Any idea on this as I'd like it to be in combi mode in case there's an issue I'm not aware of.

Thanks

Answers

• wateroakley
    Options
    Three thoughts. First, look in the app to check the firmware revision of the wireless receiver? Ours is 94.1. The firmware in your devices should update automatically. Although I’ve not come across an older firmware report on this board that gives the symptoms you describe?
    Second, a flakey receiver? Perhaps reach out to your supplier for a replacement?
    Third, something at the backend in Tado?