Replacement Wired Thermostat with no config

Options

Long story - We moved houses about 4 years ago and took our Tado system with us. We initially called out an engineer to re-fit the system on the new property and also purchased a second wall thermostat for the master bedroom (it's on it's own heating circuit). First guy came out and struggled to fit the system and said he would come back only to never return. We found another engineer who after some struggle with the second thermostat finished the job. When fitting the second thermostat, he noticed that the last guy, in his attempt to fix it, damaged the unit a little.

Anyway, he said it would be fine having used a little superglue to hold the plastic down. Having had to replace the batteries on the last few years, I've noticed the damage get worse and last night it looks to have given up and new batteries are not helping. I noticed that the middle battery was not fitting in properly (it would drop out if held upside down) and the first battery's terminal looks to have caved into the unit itself.

TL:DR - Can I replace a broken wall thermostat with no configuration?

My question is if I replace the unit with the brand new one, can I just sync to the app/hub and it'll be good to go or does the unit itself need any config?

Comments

• johnnyp78
    johnnyp78 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options
    I don’t see how it would need any configuration, though assuming you’ve got a two heating zone house some people have had issues setting the zone controller. You would have to rewire it yourself. If it’s being used as a wireless temp sensor you can save money by buying one of those instead.
  • There's wiring for the existing thermostat is already present. I'm hoping I can just drop the new thermostat in place.

I have a new one arriving today so will give it a go!