Out of hours technical support?

Options
Is there any way of getting technical support out of hours? I have no heating at the moment and am lost as to what the issue is. Extension kit and bridge both 'connected', but neither the app or manually setting the temp at the individual radiator trvs is sending a signal to the boiler.

I'm really losing my patience with tado.

Comments

• davidlyall
    davidlyall ✭✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options
    No out of hours support as far as I know

Did this ever work or is it a new installation? What do you have installed?

Do the TRVs have the extension kit set as their zone controller? If not, they can't call for heat

Do you have hot water control set up? If so, does that work?
  • GraemeG
    Options
    It's just started working out of the blue. I can hear all the signals being sent now. This isn't a new installation. This is one of my frustrations. Things just seem very flaky and the times when you need technical support, typically the evening when you are at home, notice these issues and the temperatures have dropped, there's none available.
  • davidlyall
    Options

Yes, it's unfortunate they don't have support available.

Personally, I'd prefer to see Tado sold on a subscription basis with 24/7 support included. I think the initial outlay puts a lot of potential customers off but if it was available on subscription with support and replacement parts included, that would help Tado's income stream and open it up to new customers

• andybuk
    Options

Graeme.

The easiest way (if not already resolved), is to power down the Extension kit, wait 2 minutes then power it up. Once the light comes on and if it has a single button on top, press it until the light is solid, the boiler should then come on.

As for support. i found that the only way to get emergency response is to not login to the tado website, but just go direct to support and "I have a technical question".