Smart thermostats not controlling correctly

Options

Hello, I've installed six smart radiator thermostats along with a wireless temperature sensor. I've also set up a wireless receiver and internet bridge, both of which are confirmed to be working. However, I'm encountering a significant issue. When I request heat for one thermostat and set others to frost mode or off, the radiators designated for frost mode continue to heat up. Ideally, only the radiators selected in the app for heating, along with those without a smart thermostat, should be activated.

Additionally, I've noticed that on certain radiators, despite setting the temperature to 20 degrees, the current reading is already at 22 degrees. Consequently, the boiler fires up unnecessarily, heating rooms that are already above the desired temperature. I've attempted several troubleshooting steps, including selecting "No zone controller" (independent) in the app under zone controller settings for problematic radiators. Unfortunately, this did not resolve the issue.

I've also tried removing the Tado smart thermostat from the radiator, taking out the batteries, waiting for some time, and then reinserting the batteries. After putting the smart thermostat back on, it successfully recalibrated itself without any problems. I've visually confirmed that adjusting the heating set points in the app results in the actuator in the smart thermostat moving, and the displayed temperature is updated accordingly.

In an effort to eliminate interference, I set the wireless temperature sensor to independent zone control and ensured that all other smart thermostats are configured to the wireless receiver's zone controller number. Furthermore, I have deactivated "early start" in all settings. Despite these efforts, the issue persists.

Thanks all for reading, please help :)

Answers

• davidlyall
    Options

This sounds more like a mounting issue with the TRVs on the radiators. It appears that the TRV is not able to fully close the valve resulting in flow to all radiators even when only one actually needs heat

Perhaps post some photos of the pipework with and without the tado TRV mounted. Also, if you know the brand of the valve body or dumb TRV that you replaced, that might also help.

• DW1006
    Options

Hi, thanks for your input. This is one of the radiators. some Tado smart thermostats fitted

please see attached images.

• davidlyall
    Options
    Does the tado TRV mount without the adapters? I suspect using two adapters is causing the issue but I'm not sure as I didn't need to use any on my radiators
  • DW1006
    Options
    I think I've sorted it, it was a case of I had used the wrong size adapter pin. Think I'm good now.. We shall see. Thanks everyone