Connection to boiler non digital.

Options
Watty74
Watty74
edited December 2023 in General Questions & Topics
Can anyone help with the following after doing a system check I’m getting the following errors, can anyone give me advice on how to fix / change the wiring to a digital connection? Thanks 🙏

Answers

• johnnyp78
    Options
    Assuming you have a UK wireless receiver, you can’t, it doesn’t have digital connections.
  • Watty74
    Watty74
    edited December 2023
    Options
    Thanks for the reply, yes in the UK, how can I sort this then? Also what issues am
    I going to face with this error as it’s been installed for around 8 months and have invested in all the TVR’s on most of the rads expect 2 in a 5 bed house around 12 unit's? Thanks again
  • pcone
    pcone ✭✭✭
    Options

It'll work fine with relay (on/off) control as it is.

Depending on your boiler and setup, it may work more efficiently to connect via a digital interface (ie OpenTherm) which allows Tado to control the flow temperature rather than just switch the boiler on and off. You can do this either by using a Tado Wired Thermostat, or the EU Wireless Receiver.

• Watty74
    Watty74
    edited December 2023
    Options

Ok thanks, our house only had wireless thermostat's, so I'm guess an EU wireless receiver is the way forward any idea where i can get one? Also it seems that the only 2 rad's on our system that don't have any TVR's on are warm all the time, is there away of stopping this?

Just a note our system is a pressurised s plan with a Glow worm ultimate 24h boiler.

Is this whats required?

Much appreciated.

• johnnyp78
    johnnyp78 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options
    If you have a system boiler and you want to control your hot water with tado, stick with what you’ve got, the eu wireless receiver can’t control hot water to separate cylinders and you would be unlikely to be able to use a digital connection without replumbing. As for your radiators without trvs, if there’s nothing stopping them filling with hot water, they’re going to heat up. When you say they’re warm all the time, do you mean when your heating’s off as well? If so that sounds like a plumbing issue.
  • Watty74
    Options
    Ok thanks for the information, yes need hot HW and CH to be controlled by Tado.
    Just to confirm the error I’m receiving wont affect the boiler / heating system?
    Yes there warm all the time without the heating being on, I’m thinking its a faulty value that’s causing the pump to run for longer / all the time, i may be wrong as we obviously didn’t have this issue in the summer.. I will check it out when I’m back from a business trip, my wife isn’t complaining as it warm in the hallway all the time!! I will get TVR’s fitted to the last 2 rads that don’t have them.

Thanks again for all the help and information.
  • johnnyp78
    johnnyp78 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options
    It’s not an error (though the app has made it look like one) - it’s telling you data can’t be read from the boiler because you’re not using a digital connection. Nothing to worry about. I’d be more concerned about your heating being constantly on, does sound like it might be a valve issue.
  • Watty74
    Options