Tado installation

Options
Hi completely useless at this bought a wireless tado V3 starter kit but I have a wired thermostat in my hallway does this mean i have to get a wired tado thermostat instead of this wireless V3 one I bought and whatever one is needed how easy is it to setup or install. Thx in advance

Comments

• johnnyp78
    Options
    It will be easier if you’re doing a like for like replacement, so replacing the existing thermostat with a tado one. As you describe yourself as ‘completely useless at this’ you will save yourself a lot of pain by getting a professional to do it.
  • wateroakley
    Options

The wireless receiver usually replaces your timer/controller and bridge the thermostat wires to 'call for heat'. If in any doubt, follow Johnny's advice and seek a professional to do it.

• 1plus2
    Options
    Thx guys probably the best idea get someone in how much you reckon it would roughly cost
  • Megalo
    Options
    You would probably be better off with a wired tado version and just use your existing wiring as is, but a wireless V3 can be fitted fine, I fitted a wireless V3 I just put the wireless receiver in place of the old wired thermostat but changed the wiring in the boilers wiring junction box in the airing cupboard for the old wired stat to it gave me a live, neutral and a ch on wire plus earth lucky my old thermostat wiring had 4 wires I did it this way as I wanted the receiver downstairs right next to the bridge for best connection.

I still use my old timer to control the hot water and wired it so my old timer can bypass manual override tado if the internet or servers go down, especially my rubbish internet service which does happen from time to time leaving me with no heating.