HELP! Tado failed on coldest day so far this year.

Options
I have a Tado system which connects to an extension kit to control the boiler and hot water. It’s a large stone built bungalow so I took great pains to centrally locate the bridge and ensure it’s not near any metal, equidistant from the tado TRVs and the main thermostat etc.

This morning I was woken by a freezing cold house and the app tells me it disconnected from the extension kit at 7:59 am (just before a change in the schedule at 8am)

Despite repeated attempt throughout the day I cannot get the extension kit to reconnect to the bridge. I’ve held the button for 30 seconds more times than I can count. I’ve restarted the bridge & I’ve moved the bridge, despite it working in the exact same position for years.

Sometimes the extension kit comes on with a solid white LED, which isn’t listed anywhere in the documentation.

I’m at my wits end. Tado support is nonexistent and I’m on the verge of calling a plumber to rip the whole system out and replace it with something reliable.

Any suggestions on how to fix it would be welcome as I’ve liked the system up unit now but this failure is beyond the pale.

Comments

• Bonaparte
    Options
    A few minutes after I posted this the system suddenly reconnected to the extension kit and started working. Did someone from tado read this and do something? Who knows! At least I have heating again.
  • andybuk
    Options

This is a regular thing. I have watched my router logs and I can see the devices internally trying to connect to their service and not having any joy. The downside of an internet based solution, the internet is between you and their systems and they can just say "its outside of our control"