New Tado Installation - Heating not working

Options

Hi

Just installed my new Tado Wireless Thermostat Starter Kit plus 4 Smart TRVs. The hot water is working but the radiators won't heat up. In the app, everything appears to be working fine but we have no heating. There are a few radiators without the Tado TRVs and these won't work either.

I'm attaching a picture of the receiver connections. It was done by an electrician as I'm not handy. I've also tried to reset all devices (thermostat, bridge, receiver). Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks

Answers

• wateroakley
    wateroakley ✭✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

Please post details of you heating system. What's the boiler make/model, the old controls and thermostat, any zone valves (S-Plan/Y-Plan/or)? Do you have pictures of the 'before' and after, with the wiring?

First question. How has the sparky bridged the old thermostat to always 'call for heat'? If it's not been touched, try turning up the old room stat to 'maximum' temperature.

Second question. The connections on your photo? From the left: Is Blue N properly inserted, the one with bare wire showing below? Is the Purple link on CH COM clamped on the insulation?

Third question. The HW light is ON but no wiring? Is your boiler a combi? If so, the receiver should be configured for combi. That won't affect the lack of heating.

• Please see below the response to your questions:

1)It is switched live, the old thermostat was removed with the old timer.

2) N is inserted and secured, and purple is clamped right to the insulation.

3) The boiler is Ideal Logic S24IE (combi), and we tried all 3 combinations of the settings HW, CH, and HW +CH( default from factory).

Thank you

• wateroakley
    Options

How did your sparky bridge the thermostat wiring?