Unable to connect on ipad

Options

Old fella struggling to see Tado on ipad.

1.      Works fine on my win11 pc and win7 laptop, all rooms visible and controllable. But on trying to get on my elderly ipad it will not connect.

2.      Worked fine on my ipad several years ago but after bringing out of long term mothball I cannot login.

3.      On page  ‘app.tado.com’  it accepts my name and password but just freezes with rotating circle and no connection. Have tried resetting my password (with original so not to upset 1. above). No joy.

4.      Have had ipad for many years but really unfamiliar and  not used it till last few days when I wanted a better portable Tado view for control.

5.      Something daft I’m sure. Help[ please. Childs guide pls.

Answers

• wateroakley
    Options

@Criky Many possibilities for what is not happening. First, are you using the Tado App or a web browser (eg safari) on the iPad?

2. can your iPad connect to the wifi and can you get on-line with a web browser to the internet e.g to the BBC?

3. reboot the iPad (power OFF/ON) and try again.

4. do all the Apple updates to bring it up to the newest versions.

5. Repeat 2 & 3.

6. you may be using an older version of the App on a mothballed iPad. In that case, I've no idea what could happen or not. I'd suggest to delete the App and re-install it afresh.

HTH.

• Criky
    Options

Thank you wateroakley. Some progress.

1.Yes to Safari, wifi and Apple updates etc. Suspect your 6. is close.

Managed to delete old app but stuck on finding and updating with new. Directed to google or apple store and seems they want money for it! Not pursued. No payment made for laptop and pc program installed many years back. Is there a free download that you know of?

Appreciate your help so far.

• wateroakley
    wateroakley ✭✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

@Criky Go to the App Store on your iPad and search for Tado. This is the result on our iPad. The top right orange icon app is Tado. It’s free.

• Criky
    Options

Truly very grateful for your assistance with apology for delay in thanking. Virgin media outage has completely upset my setup. Tado at last on my ipad with the room screen that I wanted. Sounds simple but for an old guy it was not and I had to completely set up my mothballed ipad.

I note that 'Turn Off', 'Boost Heating', and 'Resume schedule' are not on screen. They are present on my PC screen and very useful. Exploration has failed; do you know how I can get on ipad screen please?