Thermostat switched off but radioator is warm and keeps heating

Options

Hi,

My Thermostat switched off but radioator is warm and keeps heating.I followed all the steps below but the problem is still there.(VA1380582656)

Please,help me,best,s

Please remove the Smart Radiator Thermostat from your radiator and take out the batteries for a few minutes. Please re-insert the batteries into the Smart Radiator Thermostat and wait 1 minute before re-mounting it to your radiator. If this does not resolve the issue, replace the batteries with new fresh ones, just to confirm the issue is not caused by the original batteries.

If this still does not solve the problem, please follow the steps below:

• Change the Smart Radiator Thermostat which has a problem (A) with a different Smart Radiator Thermostat (B) which works fine. Make sure to also change the white tado° mounting bracket from one radiator to the other and, before mounting the Smart Radiator Thermostats to the new radiators, take out the batteries for a few minutes.
  • Observe over the next 24 hours if Smart Radiator Thermostat (A) can close the radiator.
  • Also check if Smart Radiator Thermostat (B) can close the other radiator

Answers

• DavidJEdge
    Options

If you have swapped the Tado Smart Radiator thermostat with another and the fault stays on the same radiator then the problem is with the physical valve. With the Tado head off does the pin move up and down?

One possibility: older valves needed to be on the flow side of the radiator. Newer ones can be either way round. Is it possible your radiator valve is one and installed at the wrong end of the radiator?