When a valve goes offline - my heating turns on - is that right

Options

I have just installed a Tado system. All radiators are on smart valves, and the radiators in each room are controlled via a wall mounted temperature sensor - the full works - every single room is a zone with control done at the radiators, but temperature measured at a proper height away from the radiator.

Last night the heating came on for what seemed like no reason. I found the office radiator was on and the app said it was OFFLINE. This is the most remote room and I am struggling to find a location for the bridge that keeps communication live with all of the units.

I have deleted that room and everything then works fine. Is it right that if a smart radiator valve goes offline ... the heating just runs and runs uncontrolled? Should things not fail-to-close / safe?

Thanks for any comments, Jim

Answers

• hugbilly
    Options
    If communication with a device is lost the system retains the last setting it received from that device. So it is possible heating will continue when it should not. It’s one of the annoying deficiencies one becomes aware of after living with tadoº for a while . . .
  • Jimsky
    Options

OK thanks. Yes, it could be a little cleverer than that. There's a lot of stuff about connectivity to the bridge in larger houses. Has that been resolved yet? The ironic thing is that the larger the house the more you need a Tado system .... but the less likely it is to work.

I do like it thought - just need to find a way of keeping everything connected to the bridge.

• hugbilly
    Options

Sadly, as can be seen from the posts on this forum, a large number of tadoº users have been waiting for an updated bridge and the provision of repeaters for a long time . . .

• GrayDav4276
    Options
    Don't hold your breath for any useful changes from tado.....especially on this current range of hardware.