How do I program my Honeywell ST9100C to work best with my Tado system?

Options

Hello community,

I have a Honeywell ST9100C controlling a Keston S30 boiler with a separate tank on the top floor for hot water. This system heats my 2 storey home with 5 separate radiators, all of which I have installed Tado smart valves on. I replaced the 2 Honeywell T6360 thermostats with Tado Wired V3+ thermostats and followed the instructions on wiring given to me through the app.

What I would like to know is what setting to use on my Honeywell ST9100C in order for the Tado to take complete control of my boiler so as to make my system as efficient as possible because currently I think the boiler just runs all the time as I have the ST9100C set to "CONT". Is this the correct setting for the Tado?

Another anomaly is that there is an additional Honeywell ST699 which I think is also connected to the boiler and controls just the hot water and is set to turn on twice a day for a few hours.

I am not a heating engineer, but I can read a manual, so I'm just looking to get some answers from somebody who may have had the same or similar question.

Many thanks,

Al

Answers

• Megalo
    Megalo
    edited November 2023
    Options
    Your set up isn't to dissimilar to mine though mines the wireless V3 setup but still have my old timer still in place for hot water and for manual override for heating encase of an internet outage, seeing as you are using the wired setup your timer should be set to 'always on' or 'cont' in your case that way the tado system has complete control of the heating side of the boiler.