Anyone else lose connection daily?

Options
Hi I have the setup sorted and once I reset it it connects back up great. The issue is it’s losing connection daily and my boiler is in the loft so obviously this is quite problematic. I’ve bought a wifi extender as the problems only occurred since changing broadband provider. Can anyone advise if this will work. Or how lol

Answers

• hugbilly
    Options
    Do you mean the wireless receiver loses contact with bridge, as indicated by slow blinking LEDs on the receiver?
  • Sarah666c
    Options
    Hi no sorry the bridge and thermostat itself both say connected but it loses connection with the main part that’s connected to the boiler
  • hugbilly
    Options
    By the “main part” I think you’re referring to the wireless receiver (oblong white box with LEDs on the front.) If so then I think tado would say the signal path between it and the receiver needs improving, probably by moving the receiver nearer the bridge. Something I’m going to be undertaking myself in the near future and for the same reason . . .
  • Sarah666c
    Options
    Hi I mean that part I think but that’s in the loft with the boiler so I’m afraid that won’t be an option 🥴
  • davidlyall
    Options

WiFi extender won't help as Tado doesn't use WiFi. However, sometimes they come with an ethernet port on them too so if yours has that, you could place it centrally in the house and plug the bridge into that instead of the router.

If your extended doesn't have an ethernet port, then an alternative is to buy a powerline adapter to allow you to have an ethernet port centrally in the house

• wateroakley
    Options

Our rellie plugs the Tado internet bridge into a TPlink Wi-Fi extender with an Ethernet port and separate usb power, in a first floor bedroom of their Edwardian Villa. That appears to give good coverage for all the Tado devices on ground floor and second floor in their home. You could try that centrally in your home, and it should be easily relocatable to find the best coverage.