Control a smart thermostat with a temperature sensor

Options

I searched for the answer in the discussions, but most questions regarding a ‘temperature sensor’ seems to be related to the use in combination with ‘smart radiator thermostats’ and not with a ‘smart thermostat’.

I have a very simple setup with only a ‘smart thermostat’ which replaced the old thermostat in my living room. The only problem i’m having with it is that the ‘smart thermostat’ is placed pretty close to a computer that generates heat when i’m working from home.

I was wondering if i can add a (properly located) ‘temperature sensor’ to my system which completely overrules the temperature sensor of my ‘smart thermostat’.

Comments

• roycruse
    Options

Yes... when you add the wireless add on thermostat to your room you set it to be the rooms measuring device then the rad valve opens and closes as per the temperature sensed by the thermostat rather than its internal temp sensor.

I have an add on thermostat in each of my rooms

• davidlyall
    Options

What's the minimum distance from the computer you think would give a reliable reading?

Might be cheaper to move the existing smart thermostat and associated wiring especially if you're reasonable at DIY

However, wireless temp sensor is currently £65ish on Tado black Friday deal so that may be the quickest and easiest option

• Alice2020
    Options
    How do I connect a wireless temperature sensor to a wireless receiver.
  • Great to hear, thanks for the answers!

I think i go for the extra sensor, saves me work on moving the thermostat.