Gravity fed system with no thermostat - Sanity check wiring plan

Options

Hi All, I just wanted to post here and sanity check my proposed wiring before installing.

We currently have a gravity fed system with no thermostat installed. Controlling both hot water and heating is done via a simple timeclock wired into the switched live on the boiler. When the timeclock is switched on both hot water is sent to the rads with TRV's and the old hot water cylinder. There is no thermostat on the hot water cylinder, it just keeps on heating as long as the boiler is on.

I have orderd the wireless starter kit, and based on the Y plan Tado wiring diagram I have come up with the proposed wiring below. With the HW NO terminal connected to the CH NO terminal/boiler switched live (red wire below).

My reasoning for trying to use the wireless programmer in Y plan mode with both HW and CH relays wired to the switched live, rather than the programmer set to relay mode on the CH relay, is to be able to call for both HW and CH independently in the app. Without knowing the ins and outs of the Tado software, my thoughts behind this are in the summer when the house is hot the boiler may not switch on for hot water is the CH temp sensors are already at temperature.

Can anybody with a bit more experience validate this plan for me please? Is there an option in the app to boost hot water when in relay mode regardless of the room temps? i.e if theres a schedule to heat hot water for an hour in the morning it will close the CH relay when set to relay mode. Maybe the Tado software is smart enough to do this in a less complicated way than my diagram above.

Appreciate any inputs people have!

Thanks,

John

Best Answer

• Emcee
    Emcee | Admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @johnmolly92,

Thank you for your contribution to the tado° community forum. Unfortunately, it appears your post has gone unanswered. If the issue you've described still persists or if you continue to have questions about tado° products and services, please do not hesitate to outline these in a new post.

We are making concerted efforts to revitalise the forum in order to ensure a more lively community space.

Looking forward to future discussions!