Which Tado kit do I need?

Options

Hi!

I would like to upgrade to a Tado smart thermostat and smart TRVs but my knowledge in this area is very limited. I have read other threads to try to work it out but get confused rather easily. I'd very much appreciate it if someone could tell me what I do/do not need.

I live in a two-bedroom flat, the boiler is in the kitchen with a total of four rads and two towel rails.

My boiler is a Veissmann Vitodens 100-W.

I have a wall-mounted ESi ESRTP4 programmable thermostat. It has two wires installed - a brown wire into slot 2 (COM) and a black wire into slot 3 (N/O / ON). The thermostat is secured against an external wall near the boiler.

I have read about OpenTherm and it has confused me completely. I am not sure if my boiler/thermostat combo uses it. If it does then I would like to retain that function, but have read that the Tado kits in the UK may not work.

I am also considering moving the thermostat onto an interior wall as I think I have read that it will provide more accurate results. Is there a kit where I can wire in a control unit where my existing thermostat is, and have a wireless thermostat I can install elsewhere, whilst retaining OpenTherm if I have it?

Thank you!

Answers