Are there line or cad drawing of the tado TRV?

Options
Grinsalot
Grinsalot
edited November 2023 in General Questions & Topics
Would love to have some drawings of the dimensions and distances moved by the pin within the tado TRV so that I can use that information to make up an adapter for an old TRV valve… it’s got the correct screw thread to allow the mounting of the tado unit but once connected and the tado TRV has done it’s calibrations all seems well but clearly the pin doesn’t get depressed enough on the value to shut it off… I’m sure they’re touching and does some movement of the valve pin but the tado TRV can’t turn it off… so internally it needs a small cap on top of the valve pin I expect… but I’ve no idea on the distances of the tado shoulder and the movement the pin makes to be able to calculate what I need to do to make something to adapt it?

Answers

• DavidJEdge
    Options

I just took one of the pins that comes with the Tado and shortened it by a couple of millimetres.

From memory the stroke of the actuator is about 5mm

Tado should detect a failure to close so perhaps your valve is partly gummed up and the force rises before the end of travel. I'd try working it up and down with a pair of pliers to see if that clears it.