Smart TRVs too hot

Options
Hey all, my smart TRVs kick out far too much heat. I set them to 19 and they keep going to 25C. The radiator valve moves… help. I’m sweaty

Answers

• davidlyall
    Options

Are they mounted correctly and able to stop the flow through the radiators? That would be the first thing to check

It should be possible to hear the flow in the radiator and when you turn down the temp and the valve closes, you should hear the flow stop.

• RichardN
    Options

The pin might move, but the valve internally may be broken. It happens sometimes.

Put a normal thermostatic head on, and wind it right down to 0. Check that stops the flow to the radiator.

Then put the Tado head back on, and check you can hear it moving when you reduce temp.

• Spindo
    Options
    Thanks for all your feedback.
    1. Mounted correctly
    2. Radiator valve is free and works
    3. Took off the Tado TRV tested it and when adjusting the temp it did not move internally.
    4. Reset it, I’ve remounted it. Set it to off with no schedule and it came on again
    5. Looks like I have the same problem in another room. Previous TRVs worked

Help
  • boyzie
    Options
    @Spindo did you figure this out? Just installed 5 radiators valves and 2 are doing this.
  • Spindo
    Options
    Hey all, some valves on the rads where a put sticky so I did lube them up with WD. The issue is that my valves are not correct for my old TRV’s. So the new Smart Tado TRVs are not compatible. Getting them valves changed next week. Fingers crossed