Ecotec Pro 28

Options
Hi newb here looking for some info i am thinking about getting the Tado V3 wireless thermostat kit. What would i need to do with the already working thermostat on my downstairs wall does this need to be decommissioned and just left alone or do i have to put the new tado thermostat in its place ? I had a quick look at a YouTube vid where it said you can just replace the old thermostat with the tado thermostat wired in using the wiring that's there which meant you do not need to be wiring anything into the actual boiler. I don't know if that is correct any advice would be greatly appreciated thx in advance.

Answers

• DavidJEdge
    Options

As far as I know you can wire the Tado in place of the old stat. If (like me) the old stat is in the wrong place you can put it somewhere else, but then need the extension kit to control the boiler. In the usual UK system you can just pop out the old programmer and plug in the Tado extension kit.

Check with someone who knows what they're talking about because modern boilers seem to come with wireless control via something called OpenTherm, but my system's about ten years old and that's how it works.

HTH