Support for the EMS2 bus - Bosch Condens

Options

Bosch / Junkers / Nefit boilers with the EMS2 bus have been on the market for many years now, have a large chunk of the European market share but Tado only supports relay operation for them.

I myself have a Condens 2300i boiler and while the relay mode works up to a point, the TPI algorithm operating the relay can't avoid over and undershooting desired temperatures. This particular boiler takes up to 30 minutes to reach a flow temperature of 55 C if many radiators are open, by which time the relay will usually have long since switched off only to start the cycle again once the water in the system has cooled to ambient temp. The room temperature doesn't rise enough and that makes Tado request more and more heat until the boiler is given enough time to reach the set flow temp and the room temp overshoots badly.

A third-party gateway is available that works with EMS2 and I'm thinking of trying to set up proper flow temperature modulation myself but without precise knowledge of how Tado would modulate if it could, it will probably be very tricky to set up.

Currently, it's hard to recommend the Tado system to anyone with an EMS2 boiler.

20 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Tambi
    Options

Thx for posting. From Spain the same problem reported time ago, but no answer :(

Could you please post info about third-party?

..... @ tado engineers, please listen to your end-users

, Who trust you and make them happy again ASAP. You can !

• Gert89
    Options

Yes please develop support for EMS2. I stopped my subscription because of it, as the advanced features don't matter if no fine control can be achieved.

• Kevin_Cookie
    Options
    Same problem here, please Support ems2
  • jeffmcfly
    Options
    +1 What is this third-party gateway?
  • scaraby100
    Options
    +1 Need this ASAP, please implement
  • fgmarin22
    Options

I bought a Bosch 4300iw boiler a few days ago in Spain, and also the Tado starter kit (this from Amazon). I believed it would work in modulation mode, because I read it in the document "Guía de Compatibilidad para Termostato Inteligente V3+" from Tado. For my surprise, after hours trying to find out, I saw this thread, and got very disapointed. Please, develop something to make it work!

• fgmarin22
    Options

This is the document from Tado where it says that Bosch is compatible both in relé and modulating modes.