insufficient bridge capabilities

Options

Are Tado actually going to do some thing about inadequate bridge trying to run these systems.

No connection issues all year, fully connected to the TRV, power it on today, doesn't operate correctly, and draws from the CH hours after it should have auto shut off!

sort it out TADO!

Comments

• davidlyall
    Options

They are restricted in transmit power by the physical radio specifications of the 802.15.4 standard. Note that this also applies to Matter, Thread, Zigbee and several others

How far is the bridge from your devices?

Has anything changed in your home that could interfere with the signal?

Is the bridge transmitting at all? Could it be faulty?

• sgtrobbo
    Options

Nope does it randomly, as i said the device was fully connected and randomly dropped out, it is the closest one to the bridge out of all the once in the home, the bridge is centrally positioned in the home and free from any obstructions. the furthest device still connects fine, we have this every year and multiple user all ask for a better bridge or the ability to have multiple bridges. I have other bridges in the home for other smart devices, lighting etc and no other fails at all.

• I've only done my TADO install in the last week or so. I am getting a number of TRVs going offline. Its happened about 4 times so far. Our main bedroom is currently being refurbished: decorator arrives again in the next 20 minutes or so, and the room is at sub 13oC thanks to the TRVs having gone offline. Quite concerning to hear that this is a 'thing' with the system, and that there is no 'booster' bridge available. Sounds like the system may not even by viable in larger houses. Big worry.

• davidlyall
    Options

There are many factors that affect bridge performance

• size of house
    • construction materials
    • number of obstructions in communication path to devices

The general consensus is to have the bridge as high and central as possible. Some have also found it better to have it sitting vertically. A pair of powerline adapters is cheap and useful to try if you're experiencing issues as it'll let you try the bridge in multiple locations around your house

This has been spoken about for many years. Tado has been asked to implement mesh networking (already supported by the communications standard they use) or allow multiple bridges but neither have been forthcoming.